At Enhance Life with Music AND at Arts for the Health of It, we are passionate about the power of music & arts to enhance healing & wellbeing. Today we join forces on this crossover episode, weaving our two worlds together to create something for our listeners that is greater than the sum of the parts.
In today’s crossover episode, I am joined by:
Constanza Roeder is the founder and CEO of Hearts Need Art: Creative Support for Patients and Caregivers and host of the podcast Arts for the Health of It. As a singer, adolescent leukemia survivor, speaker, and thought leader in the field of Arts in Health, Constanza is on a mission to humanize healthcare through the arts.
Constanza is the recipient of the 2018 Graceann Durr Humanitarian Award and was selected as one of the Top 100 Healthcare Visionaries by the International Forum on Advancements in Healthcare for 2021. Her work has been featured in various publications such as ThriveGlobal, Authority Magazine, Ticker News, National Association of Teachers of Singing, and the cover of MD News Magazine.
Richard Wilmore was born and raised in Wisconsin but has lived in Texas for over 4 years. He describes himself as the poor Ryan Seacrest, hosting his award-winning self-titled Talk Show and a podcast while also directing and producing other projects. He is also the Director of Storytelling for the arts-in-health nonprofit, Hearts Need Art. He uses his platform to give a stage to amazing musicians, talented actors, brilliant authors, hilarious comedians, and the most creative people in entertainment.
- The stories of how we came to our passions and podcasts.
- Current trends in arts and health, including:
- Use of the arts in medical education to develop our future doctors’ empathy and ability to relate to the whole person, not ONLY the physical aspect of their patients.
- Use of the arts in mitigating stress and burnout withIN the medical community.
- Especially memorable episodes.
- Recommended resources
- Arts for the Health of It podcast website and Instagram
- Hearts Need Art website and social media @heartsneedart
- Constanza Roeder website and Instagram @constanzaroeder
- Rich Wilmore website and social media @richwilmoreshow
- Nashville Medical News article featuring Arts for the Health of It
- Recommended resources:
- We discuss the following memorable Enhance Life with Music episodes:
- Other episodes you may enjoy: see Science & Health category in Archives
- January 6-8, 2022
- Basic Ticket Super Early Bird (purchased before Oct. 31): $7
- Basic Ticket Early Bird (purchased before Nov. 30): $14
- Basic Ticket: $17
- VIP (access to all video recordings) Super Early Bird (purchased before Oct. 31): $67
- VIP Early Bird (purchased before Nov. 30): $97
- VIP: $137
- UMBS on Facebook
Thanks so much to Constanza and Richard for collaborating on this crossover episode – it was so fun to mix up the format a bit and to get to know them & their work a bit more, and introduce you to their gold mine of resources specific to music and the arts in healing. If you have a story of music enhancing the healing process, I’d love to hear about it! You can reach me on email (email@example.com), Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. As always, all these links and links from today’s show – and a transcript of this episode – can be found in the show notes. All links are also in the episode details right in your podcast app. Thanks so much for joining me today. Until next time, may your life be enhanced with music.
View Episode Transcript
Note: We occasionally use affiliate links for products and services we whole-heartedly believe in. We may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, for purchases made through these links. This helps support the free content we provide.